Meeting the needs of young people in communities worldwide and by providing hope and a positive vision, Optimist Clubs International have been “Bringing Out the Best in Kids” since 1919. Optimist International is an association of more than 2,900 Optimist Clubs around the world. Volunteers conduct positive service projects in their communities aimed at providing a helping hand to youth. With their upbeat attitude, Optimist Club members help empower youth to be the best that they can be.
By providing hope and positive vision, Optimists bring out the best in kids.
Optimist International will be recognized worldwide as the premier volunteer organization that values all children and helps them develop to their full potential.
To develop optimism as a philosophy of life utilizing the tenets of the Optimist Creed; to promote an active interest in good government and civic affairs; to inspire respect for the law; to promote patriotism and work for international accord and friendship among all people; to aid and encourage the development of youth, in the belief that the giving of one’s self in service to others will advance the well-being of humankind, community life and the world.
The Optimist Creed
– To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
– To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
– To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
– To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
– To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
– To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
– To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
– To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
– To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
– To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
For more on Optimist International, visit http://www.optimist.org/
For more on the Atlantic Central region of Optimist International, visti http://www.optimist-ac.org/